The deadline is 31st August 2020.
Mountaineering Scotland Mountain Writing Competition Categories 2020:
1st prize £200: 2nd prize £100; 3rd prize £50
1st prize £200; 2nd prize £100; 3rd Prize £50
Conditions of Entry for the Mountaineering Scotland Mountain Writing Competition:
- Closing Date for entries is 31st August 2020
- Entries in both categories must be related to mountains and/or mountaineering
- Only one entry per category is allowed for contestants
- Prose entries should be a maximum of 2,000 words long. Poetry entries should be a maximum of 200 words long. There is no minimum length for either category
- All entries should be supplied as an attachment to an email in Word document format, with the participant's contact details on the email only (not on the Word document)
- Mountaineering Scotland reserves the right to publish the prize-winning entries. Past winners have been published in the Mountaineering Scotland magazine
- The competition is open to anyone resident in the UK, either members of Mountaineering Scotland or not. Members should quote their club name or individual membership number
Send your entries to the MWC Coordinator, Tommy McManmon as follows:
Word documents should be emailed as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org Entrants are asked to include a one-sentence biog and a head and shoulders photo with their email for use in publicity in the event of their winning. People should only put their names and contact details in email: there should be no information identifying the author in the attached Word document containing the entry.